Coaching & Workshops
Looking to bring energetic writing & acting exercises to your classroom?
Want to learn tips and tricks for your own craft?
Let's work together.
I have taught over 100 students in the past five years.
I have taught Group Workshops and Private Lessons. In addition, I Assistant Directed for the high school devised musical program at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.
Five of my plays have received professional production.
Several others have received professional workshop development at various Colorado theatres, including Cherry Creek Theatre Company, Curious Theatre, and NextStage.
Take your craft to the next level.
Want one-on-one guidance on the writing process? Are you a teacher looking to bring a fun, upbeat workshop to your students?
My lessons and workshops incorporate physical and mental exercises that disrupt Writer's Block and help blossoming writers of all ages discover their authentic authorial voice.
Private Lessons (ages 12+): $40/hour
Class Workshops (ages 9+): $50/hour
My lesson plans cultivate these National Art Standards:
1. Theatre: Anchor Standard 1 (Creating): “Generate and conceptualize artistic ideas and work”; 8a. “Imagine and explore multiple perspectives and solutions to staging problems in a drama/theatre work.”
2. Theatre: Anchor Standard 2 (Creating): “Organize and develop artistic ideas and work”; 5a. “Devise original ideas for a drama/theatre work that reflect collective inquiry about characters and their given circumstances.”
My pedagogy embraces 21st Century Skills:
1. Critical Thinking & Reasoning: Recognizing historical patterns and relationships, and applying that understanding in a creative context.
2. Imagination: Unlocking one's own creative ideas to apply scriptwriting in original and adaptive contexts.
My workshops engage Gardner's Multiple Intelligences:
1. Kinesthetic: Activating bodies to activate minds.
2. Linguistic: Engaging language through verbal and written exercises.